[Debconf-team] getting ready for DebConf8

Hi,

(bcc:ed to debian-project@, please reply to debconf-team@ only.)

back in July (or June) we discussed to have a decision about where DebConf8
will be held around the end of this year. (And from then on, to have this
decision two years in advance.)

So, to be able to decide in around three month, I would like to remind the
applying groups/cities/countries to start to propose their venues now -
http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8 already has some content.

So please go on and create http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf8/YourCityOrCountry.

Also I have been thinking about when exactly we should have this decision.
Maybe the end of december is not such a good idea, because of all the
holidays. So I like to propose January the 15th 2007, which is a monday as
the date for the decision meeting, with a presentation meeting on December,
the 11th, also a monday.

If you want to propose a venue, please have a look at:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfLocationCheckList
http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfPriorityList

regards,
	Holger