[Debconf-team] Pentabarf test

Hi

As some of you know through http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfNextSoftware
we are looking if we stay with Comas or maybe change to something else.
Its good and nice to look at sites using it, but its better to test it
ourself. So I just setup one installation of Pentabarf[1] to test
it. Comas is already known, so now look at the other good candidate.

So, for you to test it:

Visit https://penta.debconf.org/submission - it shows you some nice
points what you can do. Basically - create a user, wait for the
confirmation mail, then you can enter personal details and create so
called "Events" (those are what you know as paper, just that Pentabarf
offers some more features in that area).

Once you are done with that msg me on IRC and i change your user to be
an administrator, so you can see everything from admin viewpoint.
Note that pentabarf itself has more detailed views already defined, like
Developer, Administrator, committee, Reviewer, Submitter, where for
example Reviewer can rate talks before we decide which we take.

Later on "normal" people can also register and get added to a talk as
"visitor", which means they can rate a talk/speaker in pentabarf.

Note that the style/layout is changeable, of course. I just havent done
this, its a test right now. :)

Oh, there are some feature I still need to look at, like integration
with jabber - people can subscribe to a jabber presence and
automagically get changes to it, like the schedule, a specific event,
such things. And things like XML, HTML, ICAL, XCAL export of the
schedule dont have a stylesheet yet. They are working but eg HTML is
looking damn ugly. I count such things as ignoreable, making a
stylesheet is something simple later, not needed for function tests. :)

Feel free to ask me on IRC or on this list whenever you have a problem
with pentabarf, I may be able to help. :)

[1] http://pentabarf.org/Main_Page

--
bye Joerg
<HE> liw: Ah, but now I'm old enough, so can I adopt your sex?