Re: [Debconf-team] Sarajevo text

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 09:14:54AM -0700, Elvir Kuric wrote:
> Hi, all
>
>  I cannot believe that you are discussing about terorism in B&H as
>  problem connected to conference place.
>
> From 1992 to 1995 during the war in B&H, I was in some kind of
> "security " and I know what means terrorism and when attackers or if
> you wish aggressors tried to kill me and my friends, family every
> day for 4 years.
>
>  And you think B&H has terrorists, have you any proof for
>  accusations like that?
>
>  I know that our invation to organize debconf in Sarajevo is only
>  connected to Debian, because we just want to be good hosts and
>  organise this event for Debian community .

Hi, Elvir.

I don't think the discussion is about there being terrorism in
B&H. The concern is that the Culture Center has been mixed up (at
least by the press) with terrorist-like activities. We need to be
reasonably sure those accusations are false, because if the CC is
chosen as venue, people *will* find out about those media reports and
the team's choice *will* be questioned, so we need to have good
arguments to give.

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28