Re: [Debconf-team] On Bosnian entry visas for South and Central Americas EXCLUDING Argentinians!

Safir Secerovic wrote:
> I was told by Bosnian Foreign Office that we could ask from them to issue
> you a visa in one of the European coutries, say in Rome, Italy or
> somewhere convenient for you, on your way to here, and they apparently
> would issue you a visa on the fly, assuming that you do not need a transit
> or entry visa for you entry point in Europe I guess. So we can work this
> out for Mexicans, Venezuelans, Brazilians and so on. We just need to
> figure out the best location in EU where you guys could get you Bosnian
> visas on the fly. Since we would send Letters of Invitation directly to
> our Foreign Office for each of you, stating that you should be issued a
> visa in the country of our choice. OK? Happy? :)

Not really. This is not an optimal solution, of course. How would you
guys ensure that on this kind of situations people could get the visas?
I mean, obviously, nobody can guarantee that one's government will issue
all visas required, and I don't think that'd be the best solution. What
if I travel to Europe (or any other person in a similar situation),
let's say to Paris and then I got the Bosnian visa rejected in France?
How would you really deal with this kind of stuff? I don't want to fly
to Europe with the uncertainty on getting or not the visa and with
uncertainty on if I'd have to change my plans completely. Or the process
would be only to "pick up" the approved visa on such places and then fly
to Sarajevo? I really don't know how all of this could be worked out.

My intention here is only to make sure I can clear every doubt around me
that concerns me and people on a similar situation as I am, so the
"choosing" people could choose the best location for DC7, just like
people in Oaxtepec placed their concerns on all probable locations
presented there.

> P.S. Argentinians have Bosnian embassy in their country, so we would send
> invitations to them personally.

Lucky them.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net>   |  http://www.damog.net/