[Debconf-team] Fwd: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation

Subject: Re: DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation
Date: Friday 09 June 2006 11:59
From: Alexander Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info>

Hi!

* Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> [060609 08:19]:
> * Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) [060608 21:34]:
> > I want to keep this as short as possible, as the DebConf organization is
> > working very well at the moment, and I do not want to interrupt, this
> > should just enhance and clarify it.
>
> one question: Shouldn't such a proposal be done by Andreas Schuldei, who
> is head organiser? Or did he agree to your mail beforehand?

One bigger question:  Shoudln't such a proposal be discussed in the team
before asking for formal delegation?

Till now I thought I was a member of the orga team.  Seeing this topic
brought up in a "private" manner (not on the list) including names and
so, I'm quite suprised, puzzled and ignored by the way this proposal was
created.

I'm quite sure, I'm not the only one, so I think this thread should be
moved to the -team list immediately.

> > So, I propose to delegate
> >
> > Andreas Schuldei (lead of the team),
> > Fabian Fagerholm,
> > Gunnar Wolf,
> > Joerg Jaspert

Dear Joerg, do you remember our small discussion after CeBIT about your
person?  I don't think it's appropiate to do the same comments again
here, I'll just say, that I don't think you are the right one to be a
delegate to organize the conf.  Please rethink this and especially the
way you introduced your proposal.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander