[Debconf-team] DebConf "Legal" BoF continued - lets get it to a Delegation

Hi People,

[Oh well, lets post this directly to this list instead of first to those
who attended to get it fixed, as this is what I remember/have notes
from/saw in the mpeg, so have fun with it.]

[Oh, and yes, Andreas read that before I sent it initally. Or I wouldnt
post it. :) ]

Ok, so lets start with a summarize what was intended with the BoF:
To have an legal umbrella behind DebConf so we have something
a.) for the sponsors to deal with, not only some random people out of
    Debian, something thats the same every year,

b.) a legal status to have own bank account(s), which would allow to
    have the left-over money from prior DebConfs in one central place
    and to also get money in advance, in cooperation with the bank(s).

c.) limit liability for the orga and the local team.

As you may remember the own umbrella didn't work out, people didn't like
the idea, instead the strongest suggestion was to use the existing
Debian ones around the world, and have the DPL delegate
DebConf-Organizers, including the right to deal with the money dedicated
to DebConf without further DPL interactions.

I want to keep this as short as possible, as the DebConf organization is
working very well at the moment, and I do not want to interrupt, this
should just enhance and clarify it.

So, I propose to delegate

Andreas Schuldei (lead of the team),
Fabian Fagerholm,
Gunnar Wolf,
Holger Levsen (as soon as he finished NM),
Joerg Jaspert

as the DebConf organizers, responsible to organize the yearly
Conference.  The DPL grants the DebConf Organizers the right to use money
>From every legal organization that works for/with Debian, such as SPI in
America or ffis ev in Germany, to name only two examples, without further
interaction of the DPL or anyone else, if that money was marked as being
for the Conference. They also have the right to freely select other
people to do parts of the needed work, no matter if they are DDs or
not.[1]

The way to dispose money should be a simple mail to the appropriate
place (SPI, ffis ev, etc. pp), acked by at least one other delegated
organizer.[2]

[1] While this is a formulation and delegation can only be done to DDs,
    I do want a little marker that this should not hold people out of
    the organization, and is more or less to define the basic
    responsibilities and people able to decide about the DebConf money.

[2] There was the suggestion to always CC such mails to
    leader@debian.org, and no answer within 2 days means implicit OK. To
    make it legally more OK, as for example in Germany usually only the
    "board of directors" of a association is allowed to use the
    money. Having the CC and as such the theoretical possibility to NACK
    a money transfer would solve such a thing.

--
bye Joerg
> 20. What would you do if you wanted to retire from the project?
Remove the passphrase from the (secret) gpg key and post it to
debian-devel. The keyring maintainers will lock the account ASAP.