[Debconf-team] Sponsorship: Tallard

Hi all,

I just talked with Jonathan López, of Tallard Telecom [1], an
important IBM distributor in Mexico. He says Tallard is willing to
sponsor us by lending us two OpenPower servers (OpenPower 720, dual
CPU, 8GB RAM and 8x73GB HDDs) during Debconf. He says he'll also speak
with Hugo Rojas, of the IBM Linux division, (I think I will meet with
both) to check if they can give some extra Intel-based equipment.

Now, what do they want? Basically us to say (not promise, just state
:) )  we will work towards porting and supporting Debian on 64 bit
Power hardware. He insisted we don't have to commit on having anything
ready, but to work on it - AFAICT, just installing and using the
servers will be enough :) And, as Ganneff told me, we already have the
PPC64 project going on - probably (specially if we get more servers
for our organizational needs and as build machines) we can devote one
of the machines to the porters.

I'm waiting for Jonathan to send me the logos so we can list them as
sponsors. We also have to iron out a couple of details, but this
sponsorship is almost sure.

Greetings,

[1] http://www.tallard.com.mx/

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23