[Debconf-team] Re: On visas also

Moray Allan wrote:

>> How would the Edinburgh guys work this out to get visas for these
>> nationals? What could be the best way to get these visas?
>
> To begin by stating the obvious, people need to apply as early as
> possible in their home countries.  http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/ has
> information for each country, including the form that needs to be filled
> out so you can see what information needs to be provided.  People
> attending DebConf only need a "visitor" visa (not business/student/
> working), which is the easiest kind to get.

As Russia citizen definitely needing UK visa, i should include in my
application the following:

1) From "Guidance - Visitors (INF 2) (11/10/06)":

> As a guide, you should include:

> evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit (for
example, a letter from your employer).

> If your sponsor will be supporting you during your visit, or paying for
the cost of the visit, you will need:

> payslips, bank statements, or some other evidence to show that they have
enough money to support you.

2) From "Guidance - Sponsors (INF 3) (11/10/06)":

> If you are offering to provide support and accommodation, or to pay for
travel to the UK, you must provide evidence of your ability to do so. The
following would be helpful.

> A letter of sponsorship giving details of your occupation and salary and
how you will provide support and accommodation for the applicant. There is
no need to have this letter certified (in other words, signed) before a
solicitor or commissioner for oaths to confirm it is genuine.

> Evidence of your ability to pay for the trip, such as copies of your last
six months' bank or building society statements and salary slips. If you
receive public funds, the Entry Clearance Officer will need to consider
carefully how long you will be able to support other people on your limited
means. You will not be able to get extra public funds to support the
applicant.

Altough it's all applied to individual sponsors, in the case of sposnoring
organization the "evidences" will be similar, i guess.

Could you please provide with a contact to arrange the materials needed for
such application?

--
Regards,
Al Nikolov       jid: alnikolov@jabber.ru irc: clown uin: 312108671