Re: [Debconf-team] Re: Future handling of sponsors

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 09:01:58AM +0200, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> My concern was mostly how you guys let him make final, concluding
> statements on behalf of your team (that he is not even part of)
> without disputing them. That gives him the appearence of a
> spokesperson or leading figure. That in turn is most likely
> detrimental for debconf, as we saw in the past.

If you mean his email to debconf-team about how we will handle the
sponsorship contacts, he discussed it with the team and got our approval
before sending it, so in that limited case he was speaking for us. But,
you're right, statements on behalf of the sponsorship team should
generally come from a team member in the future to avoid any confusion.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org