Re: [Debconf-team] Unfinished tasks from DebConf6

Fabian Fagerholm dijo [Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:45:51PM +0300]:
> Hi,
>
> While discussing and planning future DebConfs is certainly exciting and,
> er... entertaining, there are those of us who recognise the importance
> of wrapping up already started work. Now that the dust seems to have
> settled temporarily, I'd like to know what tasks people still have
> pending from DebConf6, and what you all think we should do about them.
>
> This excludes things that are in progress, such as the video team work.
> It includes things that were unsettled or undecided before the
> administrative strife within this team escalated, and which are now
> probably being neglected.

Hi,

*sigh*... Yes, that's the sweet sound of a "mea culpa" approaching :-/

> Here is a list of such tasks that I am aware of:
>
>       * The Final Report
>               * originally my task, now a total uncertainty since a
>                 number of aspects were undecided and it's unknown what
>                 the current goals are.

Well, it was your task in DebConf5, and you did it beautifully. If you
want to coordinate it again this time, I will be very, very thankful.

>       * Sponsor packages/bags
>               * intended to be sent to sponsors along with a copy of the
>                 Final Report
>               * last known location (to my knowledge) of materials is
>                 with Gunnar; intended to be shipped to me for assembly
>                 and coordinated delivery to the sponsors.

Yes. I'm sorry for not replying to your mail in this regard. It's all
still with me. I have not sent them as I wanted to get a cheaper
courier service than what I got to send Safir his stuff (BTW, Safir,
did you finally receive it?), but it's been enough - I'll ship them,
period.

>       * A financial report
>               * presumably to go with the book-keeping of DebConf6, as
>                 required (?) by Mexican authorities, other authorities
>                 and/or sponsors,
>               * of which a summary was to be included in the sponsor
>                 packages.

/me pings accountant. He must have the numbers ready by now.

>       * Reimbursements
>               * which I don't know the status of, and which are perhaps
>                 only lacking an informational message to an appropriate
>                 forum,
>               * the amounts of which would be included in the financial
>                 report.

Surprisingly, of all the South Americans (to which I was supposed to
send the money), less than half sent me their bank account data :-/ So
I still have a lot of money pending to be sent.

> It's somewhat unclear to me who is running the show at the moment and
> how the above tasks fit into the overall goals of that/those person(s).
> I would welcome more clarity here, especially from those who initiated
> and carried through the confusing delegation/de-delegation/breakup
> procedure. Are there any good reasons not to drop all these tasks and
> consider DebConf6 an abandoned project?

Independently of who is running the show now, I'm still running the
DC6 local things, and I do not plan to keep abandoning them. And if I
did, you won't allow me to ;-)

BTW, now that we are on this: I have quite a bunch of stuff left over
from Debconf - The coffee machine, network and power cables, some
network cards, paper, pens, scotch tape, etc. I have it all at home,
just waiting for us to decide how to proceed - The people from CONSOL,
one of Mexico's main Free Software conferences, asked me if they could
use some of it. Of course, I'll get a proper inventory as soon as
possible, but... Would you agree on helping CONSOL with our goods?

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23