Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf 7 montly meeting - seeking for proper dates

On 07/25/2006 07:47 AM, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> During preparation phase for next DebConf meetings have been
> proven very usefull (and sometimes even entertaining ;)
>
> Since some people newly joined the team (or are about to do so), we
> should see, if our current prefered dating scheme still fits.
>
> So far we always met on Mondays at 19:00 UTC. (You can use 'date -d
> "19:00 UTC"' to transfer that to your local timezone, meetings started
> at an monthly intervall and more often the nearer we got to debconf).
>
> If you would like to contribute to debconf and therefore attend our
> meetings as well but can't make it on Mondays at 19:00 UTC please speak
> up *NOW*!

	In the next week my University classes will start again, a
great part of it will start at the end of the afternoon (19:30 UTC
until 00:30 UTC). Friday would be the best day for 19:00 UTC meetings
or any day but three or four hours earlier. (Mornings would be
great :D).

	And, for the record, I'm on UTC-0300 (Brazil). At the end of the
year we will have Daylight Saving Time and Brazil will be UTC-0200 for a
couple of months.

> Feel free to propose a better time slot for meetings, but keep in mind,
> that we are an international project, which includes all those nice
> coordination and time zone problem ;)
>
> So far we have at least people from:
>
> UTC+2 (central europe)
> UTC+1 (great britain)
> UTC-3 (Brazil)
> UTC-5 (Mexico)
>
> Bonus points, if you can propose meeting times, which are okay for Bdale
> (I think UTC-7) and aj (UTC+10?).

	Using 14:00 UTC we will have the table below, I don't know how hard
it would be to get that earlier ("Bdale") and to stand up until late ("aj"),
I also do not know about how people could deal with the meeting during the
day, but it seems a possible time that will fits everybody. :-)

	USA ("Bdale")		07:00 (UTC-7)
	Mexico:			09:00 (UTC-5)
	Brasil:			11:00 (UTC-3)

	Meeting Time:		14:00 (UTC)

	Great Britain:		15:00 (UTC+1)
	Central Europe: 	16:00 (UTC+2)
	Australia ("aj"):	24:00 (UTC+10)

> Yours sincerely,
>   Alexander
> PS: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html is a nice thing
> to compare all those timezones.
> PPS: If you want to get DebConf 8 to your country and therefore want to
> get involved, this would be the perfect moment to speak up ;)
> PPPS: Yes, we could start a rotation scheme; but IMHO those don't work
> very well, since people tend to forget when actuall meetings are,
> therefore we would prefer a defined timeslot to be reserved for meetings
> ;)

	Kind regards, (hope this helps)

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)