Re: [Debconf-team] Edingburgh report

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 03:24:24PM +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

> Edingburgh report
>
> Third proposed venue: Student union building "tiviot"
>
> Conference rooms in all sizes are available, as well as some bars.

Rooms of all sizes were available, but conference room there was only one
presented as such, and was flat (not ramped). There were some balcony areas
but cannot be used for safety regulations.

Pics are available at http://www.pumuki.org/gallery/2006.07.01 Edinburgh/ with
some panoramic compositions needed to be made.

> Conclussion
> ===========
>
> We didn't met anyone from the arts college to ask questions about, or
> show us the conference rooms.  This gives me a bad feeling, but since we
> made the mistake to arrive there during a weekend, I can't blame for
> that.

I would not call that a bad feeling. You just missed people explaining the
things, but i have not a bad feeling at all from the ECA place.

> If the opening hour problem at the tiviot would be solved it would
> consider it a drawn; but right now I consider the arts college a bit
> supperior (even so I still have this bad feeling about it).

I consider the ECA the best option from EDI, so far. The nice atmosphere it
can create, the fact that everything is in one place and the close hostels
makes it very appealing for me.

--
Jesus Climent                  info:www.pumuki.org dj:triplestereo.com
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.16|Helsinki Finland

That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.
		--Wolf (Pulp Fiction)