Re: [Debconf-team] intel talk?

Hi,

On Monday 27 February 2006 23:16, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> this is a ping to ask people what their oppinion on the intel talk is now.

I would be fine with a workshop or BoF session, if you talk about the
Topper-proposal. My reasoning is: proposed late and not spectacular
interesting / not wanting to give something a big forum, which might turn out
helping non-free vendors. A smaller forum, like a workshop or bof is fine
with me, though.

If your request was about "Intel, Open Source & Debian" at Debian Day, that's
fine with me (now).

BTW, Intel made just another strange move, see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/32620 - a gpl'ed driver which is
useless without binary firmware and a (needed) binary userspace application.

BTW2, I think it would be nice to come up with the schedule of talks and
workshops/bofs at the same time.

> should we vote on it? or should we try to find consensus?

I'd prefer the latter. We'll have a meeting in six days, which should be the
date by when this is settled.

regards,
	Holger