[Debconf-team] storage and transportation for expensive hardware

i am not quite sure where i read it (sorry, overdose of mail!),
but i seem to recall that it is beeing considered to have all the
hardware stuff (servers, switches, netapp filer, etc) to be
shipped to gunnar's place instead of directly to the location or
storage nearby. Then we would transport it in a hired van to
the hotel.

Was the risk of this considedered properly? the value of the
fileserver plus two power5 machines exceeds out current budget
(which we have not yet managed to ballance) considerably. We
would not be able to cover the costs if the van had to brake
sharply or was involved in an accident.

could the local team please research this more? how much would
insurance be? what would it cover?

how much load can the van take?