press item announcing success of DebConf 5?

Anand Kumria had (IMO) a good suggestion...

How about we do a press release announcing the success of the
recently-concluded DebConf 5 event?

Here are some items we could cover:

* its budget (USD ~150,000)
* its location
* the fact that it's the 6th annual conference (counting DebConf 0)
* attendance figures (I don't have these)
* number of sponsoring companies
* names of some of the more famous sponsoring companies
* number of scheduled talks, BOFs, workshops, etc.
* names of some of the talks given
* the fact that many of the talks are social/organizational in nature, not
  just technical
* how we compare (favorably) to all other known distro-specific
  conferences, including UDU (well, I guess that name changes from
  conf to conf) and FUDCon

I'd also collect some quotes from some luminaries in traditional press
release style.  In case the DPL qualifies, here's a quote you can use or
excerpt as desired:

"The continued growth of the annual conference of Debian developers is
further evidence, if any were needed, of the increasing importance of the
Debian Project and its impact on the software landscape.  Our prominence as
standard bearers for the Free Software community is underscored by the
increasing diversity of our developer and user communities, the quantity
and quality of the talks we present, the breadth of the material covered,
and the enthusiasm of our attendees and sponsors."

If you need something about the conference organizers:

"The diligence and professionalism of our conference organizers continues
to impress.  DebConf occupies as increasingly important role for us, and
if the attendees are the lifeblood of its success, then the organizers are
its heart, getting everyone where they need to be."

I'm probably going to be offline for at least 2.5 more days, so this is as
much as I can reasonably expect to offer in the short term.  I would hope
we can decide whether or not to issue such a release shortly, as we don't
want the news to get too stale.

Thanks for looking into this!

--
G. Branden Robinson