Re: comas / registration

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005, Jaakko Niemi wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > IIRC, there was some discussion that we could have incomming
> > connections if the servers were placed on a specific subnet. That
> > would be ideal.
>
> That would mean some other building. Local network topology has been
> frozen.

Meaning no one in netops wants to bother changing it. ;-)

> We have already dns/dhcp running on the comas box, so if it goes
> away, we need to move those elsewhere. Alternatively just move comas
> to some other server elsewhere.

Moving dhcp and dns isn't all that difficult, fortunatly... moving
comas is slightly more complex.

Whatever solution is worked out is fine by me, so long as in the end
it is accessible to the outside world.

Don Armstrong

--
He was wrong. Nature abhors dimensional abnormalities, and seals them
neatly away so that they don't upset people. Nature, in fact, abhors a