Re: questions and results from the video irc meeting

> - can flumotion and dvgrab be used simultaniously ?

Yes -- fw cameras can be read simultaneously. I'll be doing some more
testing on this front this weekend. Most of the Kino lockups and fw
lockups people talk about seem to be cured by recent kernels. I think
fw in erlier 2.6's has been quite unstable.

> - does flumotion support mpeg1 ?

Apparently it can use gstreamer-ffmpeg for encoding. I haven't tested
it, but I'll do this weekend. I'll also be testing theora-mmx on x86.

> - does flumotion work well with many flumotion servers ?

Yes, that's how it's designed to work.

> - is flumotion suited to serve directly to "the internet" ?

Yup, that's the design.

Posting a longer answer to debconf5-video  ;)

martin