HP hardware for Debconf, status update

Hi,

I called the guy at HP Finland who's responsible for printers (Hannu
Stenman) today. He said that providing one or two color lasers shouldn't be
a problem. He was out of the office though and couldn't check right away
what machines/models they'll have available at that time. Asked me to call
again Mon/Tue to discuss the details.

I previously mentioned that HP models 3700dn/dtn, 4650dn/dtn (or the older
4550dn/dtn) or 5550dn/dtn would do fine. All those have Postscript support,
network interface and duplex as standard.

Then I tried to call the Finnish marketing manager about the servers (should
be getting one 4 CPU Xeon + 4 CPU Opteron, more or less promised but still
no definitive exact answer) but couldn't reach him so left a message. He did
answer my email on Sunday evening saying once more that he'll ask the server
guys again. Maybe it'll finally gravitate towards a clear promise with the
specs attached. ;)

I also asked about the insurance policy - will get back about that when I
have answers.

Cheers,

AJT

--