Re: Debconf5 day trip ideas

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 08:08:11PM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Andreas asked me to look at options for arranging a day trip for
> Debconf, if we can find a sponsor for it. Here are the ideas I have come
> up with. I have not yet made contact with any of these sites, so I don't
> know about prices or availability.

Hi,

I'd vote for Suomenlinna fortress. It's a nice place, going there doesn't
cost much (just the ticket for public transportation), there are quite a few
things to see. We could have a picnic there and people who are interested
could even stay until late evening to see the sunset and explore more
tunnels.

Another nice outdoor location is Seurasaari, an open-air museum of old
Finnish buildings on an island (well, connected to mainland by a bridge).

Heureka is not bad either, but I'd vote against a bus tour in Helsinki.

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info