Re: debconf6 video and infrastructure wishlist and notes

Hi,

On Thursday 03 November 2005 17:31, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Yup. Important point. Now, should we require said fonts to be packaged?

Christian Perrier came up with a list of fonts needed for the various
translation efforts he is involved in. We should install them and make this
list public somewhere so that speakers can see for themselves, if this is
sufficient for them or what others fonts they need.

regards,
	Holger

Quoating from Message-ID: <20050525051328.GS20553@mykerinos.kheops.frmug.org>

Below is the ouput of dpkg --get-selection | grep font on my system (I
use xfs-xtt to be able to use TT fonts):

dfontmgr                                        install
emacs-intl-fonts                                install
fontconfig                                      install
fontilus                                        deinstall
fonty                                           install
gsfonts                                         install
gsfonts-x11                                     install
latex-xft-fonts                                 install
libfontconfig1                                  install
libfontconfig1-dev                              install
msttcorefonts                                   deinstall
psfontmgr                                       install
ttf-bangla-fonts                                install
ttf-bengali-fonts                               install
ttf-devanagari-fonts                            install
ttf-freefont                                    install
ttf-gujarati-fonts                              install
ttf-indic-fonts                                 install
ttf-kannada-fonts                               install
ttf-malayalam-fonts                             install
ttf-oriya-fonts                                 install
ttf-punjabi-fonts                               install
ttf-tamil-fonts                                 install
ttf-telugu-fonts                                install
x-ttcidfont-conf                                install
xfonts-100dpi                                   install
xfonts-100dpi-transcoded                        install
xfonts-75dpi                                    install
xfonts-75dpi-transcoded                         install
xfonts-base                                     install
xfonts-base-transcoded                          install
xfonts-efont-unicode                            install
xfonts-efont-unicode-ib                         install
xfonts-intl-arabic                              install
xfonts-intl-asian                               install
xfonts-intl-chinese                             install
xfonts-intl-chinese-big                         install
xfonts-intl-european                            install
xfonts-intl-japanese                            install
xfonts-intl-japanese-big                        install
xfonts-intl-phonetic                            install
xfonts-konsole                                  install
xfonts-scalable                                 install
xfonts-thai-ttf                                 deinstall

With all this, displaying Chinese, Korean, Japanese, most language
from India, Greek, all Cyrillic languages, Arabic, Hebrew is
OK. Vietnamese should be OK too. The only one I probably can't display
is Thai (and Klingon probably).

This is with KDE, but I guess the picture is somewhat similar with
Gnome environments.