Switches and network cables from CSC

Hi,

Yesterday we came to the conclusion that it might be a good idea to have
some more switches at Smökki. I have now one 48-port 1000Mbit/s switch and
three 24-port 100 Mbit/s switches from CSC. (There are more 100 Mbit/s
switches but with Holger we thought that three is plenty considering that we
already have the Intel ones.)

Here are the models and serial numbers:

1 unit  Baystack 5510-48T RK000067
3 units Baystack 450-24T RK000005, RK000051, RK000113

None of the swiches are noiseless but shouldn't be horribly noisy either -
the gigabit one is not the old bulky HP I mentioned earlier but a relatively
modern one. So we'll need to arrange one more pickup of hardware at CSC. ;)

Then we can get some network cables tomorrow (Thursday) evening at around
17:00. I would need 2-3 volunteers who'll come to get them at CSC's old
machine room at Tekniikantie 15 A D (about 1 km from the dorm). Ville
Mattila from CSC has access and promised to come to open the door and help.
I can come to see that we get in but will have to leave for Helsinki city
center almost immediately after that.

The cables are under the raised floor of the machine room and often
entangled to each other a bit so it's not as easy as just going there and
taking a bunch of neatly arranged cables from a cabinet.

AJT

--
Arto Teräs <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info