Re: T-shirt offer, total a bit over 2300 euros

Arto Teras dijo [Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 02:00:06AM +0300]:
> 1) The 190 g/m2 orange T-shirts had run out so they needed to change to 150
> g/m2 ones. I asked if they have better quality than 190 g/m2 in that color
> but they didn't, and orange, red and blue were the only colors where they
> had enough both normal shirts and lady-fits within the same color. So I said
> we'll accept 150 g/m2 for those. It's only 9 shirts out of 300 in the total
> order.

Well, that's a big difference... But, yes, if it's the only way... :)

> 2) They called me and said that the gray shade of the map on the front
> wouldn't look very good with dithering. (If they'd use real gray I guess
> that would be a third color in addition to white and black, be more
> difficult to print and raise the price - the offer I asked was for a
> two-color printing in the front and one color in the back.) They suggested
> changing the shade to black and said it should look pretty good that way. I
> should have sent email on the list and ask your opinion but was busy with
> other things and forgot to do it later. So I hope this is okay too.

IMNSHO opinion (I print T-shirts), it doesn't look any worse. The dot
size is pretty small (~1/3 mm) and looks nice. However, printing with
such detail is more expensive, and the positive/originals are more
expensive to produce. It's probably cheaper to add the third
color. But if it looks nice B/W, fine with me.

Greetings (from HEL!)

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.org - (+52-55)1451-2244 / 5623-0154
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23