status of reviewed papers

Hi!

Since I might miss the meeting today, I hereby send the status from the
"review board".

So far, we got... many papers.  All are acceptable, I proposed some
smaller changes for two or three of them. I read through all, but one.

Andreas Barth, speaker for the "debian release management" talk, is
sorry, that he couldn't submitt a paper by now.  I talked to him, and he
is working on it right now.  It should be finished soon enough to be
texed and printed along with the other papers.

Branden Robinson talk "WTFM: Write the Fine Manual" has been downgraded
to BOF, since he neither submitted a paper nor answered to mails.

Currently I see no problem in getting them texified in time.
To I think correctly, that - if possible - we would like to get:
 1. A big file to print (where links and references are written out)
 2. single files to read them on screen (with clickable references)

Note to myself:  Not all papers had a copyright statement, to
something about that.

A problem might be the papers of Andreas Tille about CDDs and Tollef Fog
Heen about multiarch.

As might have read on debconf5-speakers, Andreas allready has a paper,
but it is quite long.  To long to get it printed.  It contains some
stuff, which is not needed for Debconf (e.g. an introduction to Debian),
so it could be shorted, but I didn't had time to check that out.  Since
he is quite busy these days and not available via irc, I think I will
phone him regarding that mater (if no one else has a good idea about
that).  I think we might need to life without a dead tree version of his
paper.

Tollef answered very soon to the first "hi, we would like to review your
paper" mail, pointing to his master thesis since the paper he is going
to submitt for debconf would be based on it.  I read it (and proposed
some small changes IIRC) and got him out of mind.  He hasn't submitted a
paper yet, and his master thesis is to big to be printed.  I asked him
today, if he will have a shorter paper, but I think, we might point to
the online version here, too.

So far from me, I hope I havn't forgot something important.

Hope to see you this afternoon,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/