accommodation for Jeff Licquia

Hi guys,

Progeny has (as of Monday) decided it would like to send Jeff Licquia to
DebConf 5 this year; unfortunately, the registration deadline has passed.

However, as with all things there are cancellations and other last minute
changes.

Would it be possible to get Jeff on a waiting list for university
accommodation if necessary, should anything open up?

My boss asked me to ask you guys, because this is turning into an
unexpectedly large expense for Progeny (they're already doing me the favor
of putting me up in a hotel room because Michelle needs very special
accommodations for her wheelchair).

However, I'm *not* asking this in my capacity as an employee of a DebConf
sponsor, and I'm certainly not asking in my, er, elected capacity.  Jeff is
being asked to represent Progeny at the conference, but I am not -- I've
already got a hat to wear.  :)

It's a simple request by a Debian developer on behalf of a fellow Debian
developer, that *if* you guys think something can be done, to please let me
know.  Progeny can book and then cancel a hotel room for Jeff at, it is
believed, little or no penalty, if something opens up and they cancel the
roomin advance.  If, by the same token, you think there's really no chance
anything can be done, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks for your attention, and I'm sorry to toss another last-minute item
on you guys' plate -- I know it's got to be getting hectic about now, 24
days out.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |        It doesn't matter what you are
Free Software Developer        |        doing, emacs is always overkill.