Parts of reception guidelines: recording who gets keys, hardware etc.

Hi!

Yesterday in the DebConf IRC meeting I agreed to write a short guideline
for people in the reception regarding the handling of keys and hardware.
Here is the text. It needs to be formatted and printed along with the
rest of the instructions. Also, the forms mentioned need to be printed
in appropriate quantities, probably at the start of the conference.
Drafts for the forms are attached. I'm no LaTeX guru but we don't need
anything fancy.

Someone is probably going to suggest that we have a tracking system for
this. If you think hard, you'll know why it's not possible to get rid of
the paperwork completely.

--8<--

Handling keys: procedure for check-in

      * Check the person's ID and check the attendee list to see if the
        person is eligible to receive a key.
      * Collect the pledge fee: XX €.
      * In the key tracking form, enter the key number, the person's
        name, and the date and time.
      * Have the person sign the entry (last column).
      * Hand over the key and the DebConf information package.

Handling keys: procedure for check-out

      * Receive the key and tick "key returned" in the key tracking
        form.
      * Return the pledge fee and tick "fee returned" in the key
        tracking form.
      * Record the date and time in the key tracking form.
      * Record your initials in the key tracking form.

Hardware: handing out

      * Check the person's ID and check the hardware registration list
        to see if the person is eligible to check out the requested
        hardware.
      * For each item you hand out, record the model and the serial
        number in the hardware tracking form.
      * Record the person's name, telephone number (if possible) and the
        date and time in the hardware tracking form.
      * Have the person sign the last entry and draw an arrow through
        the signature column of all the other entries, pointing at the
        signature.

Hardware: receiving back

      * For each item returned, check the model and serial number and
        enter the date and time in the return column. Also record your
        initials.
      * If there is visible damage on the hardware, or if the person
        handing it in reports damage, tick the damage box. Tell the
        person that our insurance might cover it but we need to record
        the exact details. Ask the person to outline what happened and
        write down this description.

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>
% xdvi -paper usr

\documentclass[landscape,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{nopageno}

\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{-1cm}
\setlength{\topmargin}{-3cm}

\setlength{\textwidth}{22cm}
\setlength{\textheight}{18cm}

%\setlength{\columnsep}{0.5in}
%\setlength{\columnseprule}{1pt}
%\setlength{\headsep}{0.25in}

\begin{document}

\textbf{Key tracking form}

\begin{longtable}{|l|p{5cm}|l|p{5cm}|l|l|l|l|}
\hline
\textbf{Key \#} & \textbf{Guest name} & \textbf{Date, time} &
\textbf{Guest signature} & \textbf{Key ret.} &
\textbf{Fee ret.} & \textbf{Ret. date, time} & \textbf{Handled by}
\\
\hline
9999 & Example Guest & 1.12.1970, 12:00 & --- --- & X & X & 2.12.1970,
12:00 & FF \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
\end{longtable}

\end{document}
% xdvi -paper usr
% dvips -t landscape

\documentclass[landscape,a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{nopageno}

\setlength{\oddsidemargin}{-1cm}
\setlength{\topmargin}{-3cm}

\setlength{\textwidth}{22cm}
\setlength{\textheight}{18cm}

%\setlength{\columnsep}{0.5in}
%\setlength{\columnseprule}{1pt}
%\setlength{\headsep}{0.25in}

\begin{document}

\textbf{Hardware tracking form}

\begin{longtable}{|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|}
\hline
\textbf{Model} & \textbf{Serial} & \textbf{Name} & \textbf{Phone} &
\textbf{Date, time} & \textbf{Guest signature} &
\textbf{Return date, time} & \textbf{Damage} & \textbf{Handled by}
\\
\hline
ThinkPad X Srs & 1234567890 & Example User & 1212123 & 1.12.1970,
12:00 & --- --- & 2.12.1970 & No & FF \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]
\hline
 & & & & & & & & \\[1.5cm]