Re: team working on the talks

Hi!

* Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> [050518 23:15]:

> what is the status of the talks-team?

Sorry, there was a missunderstanding what our job was, so we sleeped a
bit I think :(

> have you contacted the speakers?
> have you started to work with them on the papers?

Yes, we contacted them, and allready got pointers to two (out of
fourteen) papers.  Speaking after a quick overview, those two look quite
well (coming from experienced speakers I expected that)... btw:  Do we
have any unexperienced speakers, which might need special care?

> did you agree on a format for the talks submissions yet?
> i talks to anthony towns and he suggested latex (and i agreed
> that it would be a good format.

Allthough LaTeX would my prefered format, too (and I said that in the
mail I sent), I don't think it would be a good idea, to request a
specific format - people might spend more time trying to use the
requested programm, than thinking about the content - or at leat that
would be the experience we did here at work.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--
http://learn.to/quote/