Re: irc-meeting to discuss&plan network & video stuff

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 11:40 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> So I suggest to meet on monday, 18th, 11 UTC on #debconf-team on freenode.

Can't make it but below is something to think about.

> Topics for the meetings include (=please add to the list):
> - summarize on what we have (network, video)
> - summarize on what we need (network, video)
> - to make up a plan howto proceed further

From the Wiki:

- who will operate the cameras
- post-processing

Right at the start of DebConf planning (last year) I asked about the
possibility to cooperate with some local video enthusiasts -- from
outside Debian. I spoke to some people who expressed an initial interest
in filming the talks and possibly documenting other aspects of the
conference. But I think the idea was lost in the brainstorming and some
of the questions involved went unanswered. Some stuff is in some irc log
somewhere (tm).

Basically, do we want help from "outsiders" and can we actually manage
to communicate with them? I don't have a lot of time to devote to this
for at least two months or so, but if someone is interested I can put
you in touch with the people in question and assist with communication
issues. Given they are still interested, of course. During the actual
conference I will have some time to help with this also.

Cheers,
--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>