Re: Debconf5 IRC meeting minutes

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:12:21PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5Meeting20050207
>
> Nothing terribly interesting, just status reports of what is going on.

Hi,

Thanks for the minutes and sorry that I missed the meeting. My short report
about getting hardware:

>From HP we should be getting the servers we asked for (one 4 CPU Xeon and
one 4 CPU Opteron / 16 GB RAM) although I don't have the final okay yet.
Laptops: probably a few but not more, I tried to push a bit by saying that
providing laptops to Debian people may bring more sales in the future, but
no answer to that yet.

My IBM contact mixed up Debconf and hardware purchases at my workplace
(thinking that my employer is organizing Debconf) even though I used
different email address and tried to be quite clear. I called him and got
this issue clarified but not much progress yet, other than the "I'm sure
we'll be able to provide something, including PowerPC's" I already got
earlier.

Haven't contacted any others yet.

Arto

--