Welcome everybody

Hi everybody, and welcome to the DebConf5 organizing team ML.

Being this the first mail I send to the list, I will try to make it short.

My name is Jesus Climent, and I am a Debian Developer, in part responsible for
Debconf5 hopefully happening in Helsinki.

Right now, I am quite full of idea, which have to mature over time, but some
of them include:

* getting HUT involved in DebConf5 for some obvious (and non-) reasons:
  + housing facilities, with network access
  + wireless in the entire campus
  + housing-to-conferences distance lower than 10min walk
  + party places (smokie, rantasauna,...)
  + sport facilities
  + computer rooms already organized for BOFs, worshops, ...
  + more here...
* getting Nokia involved in the sponsoring, among others:
  + SOT
  + F-Secure ?
  + more here...
* Organie it during July: starting friday, week, weekend, week and weekend,
  ending on monday. First and last weekends are housing-only days, so that
  people can come and go, and the weekend in the middle an organized activity
  could be arranged (Tallin, or similar). Talks would be arranged from friday
  on, having the previous four days for debcamp and from sunday on for
  deb+camp+conf (same way as it was arranged in Brazil).
* Debconf5 needs an {START,END}-OF-DEB* days since this year people did not
  know when it was officially starting/ending.

I will start approaching HUT in the next days, calculations based on 200
people attending (if we get IBM sponsoring more people could get some
sponsoring for their trips).

Please, more ideas to talk about, here!

Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.4.25|Helsinki Finland
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Coffee and cigarettes. That's like the breakfast of champions.
		--Bob (Blue in the Face)