Re: Presentations topics

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Sorina Sandu <sorina@rosedu.org> wrote:

> I would like to clarify this, especially since the call for talks
> doesn't explicitly mention that the topics are Debian related.

The topics need to be interesting to Debian contributors.  Debian
contributors are a wide array of people so something interesting to
some person might not be intesting to another. This means that there's
a big broad area of possible subjects.

Generally, if it's related to Free Software / Open Source and it's not
a rehashed thing from somewhere else, it should fit. Some of the
proposals that we currently have:

* The philosophy of Free Software
* Intelectual Property and Free / Open Source Licenses
* Open Source software used in education (Moodle et al)
* Containers on the Desktop (i.e. running X apps in Docker)
* An introduction to IRC and irssi

> I was asked if topics that are not closely related to Debian will be
> accepted for presentations during MiniDebConf, in particular, about a
> research paper in the field of machine learning.

I think machine learning in general is quite an interesting subject.
It fitting in the MiniDebConf will depend a bit on how much it's
related to Free Software and to Debian.

--
Cheers,
Marga