Re: DebConf24 Logo Contest

Hello Gunnar!

First, I am really happy to hear your opinion.
Thanks a lot! \o/

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 12:00 AM Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> wrote:
> I think it is important, though, to understand the items you are
> choosing to be part of your proposals. I see a recurring theme are:
>
> - Red + blue colors (I suppose, related to the national flag)

Correct!
Our country flag includes red and blue colors.
Also, for a long time, the theme color of Busan is blue.
The red one represents Debian and the sunrise on the Korean East Sea.
So, in many cases, I used the Debian logo for the sun.

>   - Several of your proposals include also a very distinctive
>     yellow. Does that yellow have a meaning as well, or is it just
>     that it made aesthetic sense?

Unfortunately, the yellow one is meaningless.
I got feedback from our team to make some variations and include "DebConf".
So, I just used the yellow one which is my favorite one.
Partially because the color yellow represents the beak of the seagull. lol

> - Hanging bridge (Gwangan Bridge?) (is that bridge also what is
>   depicted in logo option "D"?

Yes, all hanging bridges in my proposals represent Gwangan Bridge.
The Gwangan Bridge is one of the landmarks of Busan.

The option D means a traditional Korean-style roof (a.k.a. Tiled
roof). At first, I wanted to make a symbol of Korea.

> - Bird (seagull?), I suppose highlighting that Busan is a city by the
>   sea. Although I find this worth asking -- Most Korean cities seem to
>   be very much coastal (or almost coastal). Is this identification
>   related to Busan being on the South-Easternmost tip of the country?
>   Is Busan "more" of a port city than others in the country?

The seagull is the bird that symbolizes Busan for a long time.
Also, Busan's mascot is "Boogi" (You can see it in the attachment
file) who is the seagull!
Even the theme song of the Busan baseball team is "Busan Seagull," so
people in Busan love to regard it as a symbol of Busan.

I hope my answer is helpful to you and other Debianities.
Thank you for your interest and pleasant questions about Busan!

Warm regards,

---
Woohee Yang