Re: Call for bids for DebConf24

On 10/31/23 01:17, Judit Foglszinger wrote:
If we had only 1 week instead of 2, personally I'd prefer a week of
DebCamp over a week of DebConf.
What about two weeks debcamp? :)

You're not the first one suggesting this over the years. :)

I really appreciate that DebConf is two weeks long, because for me not only it added a slow(er) move towards the week with talks, but also it gives you opportunity to get integrated and feel the community.

That is what, for me personally, separates DebConfs from many other conferences - it feels like community gathering rather than like a work.

Maybe some re-organization needs to happen for DebConf part to feel it more relaxed, maybe more ad-hoc with shorter sessions that are then encouraged to go into longer sessions in rooms/hacklabs, but please keep the DebCamp part. :)

Cheers,

P.S. depending on $LOCATION and $LIFE, I would be happy to help in organization