Re: Call for bids for DebConf24

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 09:24:29PM +0000, Stefano Rivera wrote:
<snip>

> But it doesn't need to be like that. *Nothing* is mandatory, we'd love
> to see bids that want to change things up!
>
> Stefano
>
> --

In all of this - and completely independently of the geopolitical situation -
I'd like to thank Tzafir and the Israeli team for the efforts they have
made up until this point.

The Kochi presentation made it clear that at that point they were having to
search for a new venue within Haifa. It's a point worth remembering for
everyone involved in planning for the future that we're absolutely
dependent on the goodwill of university venues or whatever whenever we
do this.

Everybody in Debian is a volunteer - and the Israeli team have put in
lots of time and effort over a period of several years and are probably
now feeling worn out by it all coming to no effect.

Stefano is right: nothing is fixed in stone: if all else fails and everybody
runs out of time, then a virtual Debconf is always a possibility again
though that means nobody meets up

> Stefano Rivera
>   http://tumbleweed.org.za/
>   +1 415 683 3272

With every good wish to everyone and good luck for all bids

Andy

(amacater@debian.org)