Few notes on leaving Kochi from Cochin International

Dear fellow developers,

  As I am leaving the country I would like to give some notes on my experience.

  - Taxi ride from the hotel took about 1h30 to reach Cochin
International airport.
  - Entering terminal requires passport name check as well as airplane
ticket name check, and have documents handy.
  - Once entering the terminal, finding the check-in desk was a bit confusing
for me, once you find it, expect to spend a long time in the queue if you do
not have priority, and may not be very busy, but the process is very slow.
  - Immigration checks might also require a queue and it might take some
time to check everything (including taking a picture).
  - Security check, requires to take all electronic devices, including
USB sticks, cables, headsets out of the bag for a scan. If you can get
cables in the check-in luggage might be better, but also mind for
valuable stuff to be kept safe.
  - Once you complete all those steps, you find the shopping area
downstairs and food court upstairs, gates are in short distance from
shopping area.

Please, go to the airport with enough time in advance to follow all the
processes on time, an urgency on your side is not an urgency for the
airport staff.

Have a nice and safe flight back home!

Regards,
--