Re: Government circular regarding Nipah virus

I had a lengthy call with BMW Traveller Security team and the advice is to avoid travel to north of Kochi, wash or peel fruit and avoid bodily fluid exchange with other people. This thing is much less infectious than flu or Covid in human-to-human transmission. Transmission from pigs and fruit bats seems to be major vector in the north. So no need for any special measures beyond basic hygiene.

However, if you develop cold/covid-like symptoms, I was advised to immediately go to hospital to get tested as trying to tough it out can turn deadly very fast.