Re: Card Games

On Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 10:01:03PM +0530, Utkarsh Gupta wrote:

> I plan to host card games night (unusual set of cards ;)) every night after
> 11 PM, probably in my room. Worst case, we’ll have to move to hacklab if we
> have more people interested. Either way, if you’re interested, show up. My
> room number is a mystery. If you’re realllyyyyyy interested, I’m sure
> you’ll find a way to dig it up.

Give how other room-hosted events have gone in previous days, please
consider that rooms are reasonably soundproofed but not against noise
coming from the corridors.

If you are attracting a crowd at your floor and they've been having fun,
they're likely to be merrily loud on their way back to the elevator,
with a high chance of waking up everyone in every room along their way.

Noisy hacklab would be a way of hosting late events without risking this
problem. Otherwise, while moving to/from the room please do make an
effort to visualize the tired sleeping people behind each door.

Enrico who has lost almost a full day of conference tring to recover
from a missed night sleep

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>