Re: e-Conference visa : hint on how to resizel Invitation from organizer .pdf

On 21/8/23 6:18 PM, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 02:14:58PM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:
If you have your Infopark Invitation Latter in a 2,5MB .pdf file, you'll run
into problems trying to upload it: The form at
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/DocumentUpload gives:

  "Document size exceeds 300KB. Please upload file smaller than 300KB."
  "Only PDF files can be uploaded. Please try again."

Here's the evil hack I've done to work around that:

*snip*

I did a round trip via pdf2ps + ps2pdf and that did the trick with no
need for modifying config files.

pdf2ps Kochi-Invitation-Letter.pdf k.ps
ps2pdf k.ps Kochi-Invitation-Letter-Small.pdf

J.

Graphical option is Libre Office Draw. Open PDF and then export again as PDF, use the Images -> jpeg compression quality to a lower value as needed