Re: Driving from France to Prizren: visa requirements

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 11:33:56AM +0000, Wookey wrote:
>On 2022-03-20 23:03 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> I probably will drive from France (next to Geneva) to Prizen, because it may
>> be cheaper and easier this way (compared to fligh + rent a car, and since
>> I'm planning to come with all of my family).
>
>Apologies for thread-hijacking, but I was also considering driving
>(from the UK, with my wife, mostly to have a 2-3 week camper holiday
>in the area around debconf (and get stuff to Austria for an
>expedition)), and have a similar question. People with
>country-specific expertise may be able to answer both visa and covid
>regs aspects.
>
>It's about 9 countries and we are somewhat concerned that every country
>will have different covid rules and there might be significant risk
>of getting 'stuck' for a week or 10 days at a border with a failed
>covid test which would rater spoil the excercise.
>
>Obviously these things are subject to change and _might_ have all gone
>away by mid 2022, but then I thought that about a year ago too...
>
>Has anyone (e.g. you Thomas?) looked at the rules for tests and entry
>etc for any of UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia,
>Croatia, B&H, Kosovo, Serbia, Albania? Is this actually a bad plan for
>this year and best left for some other time?

I'm also pondering about a (separate) road trip from the UK, heading
down to Italy and then across on the ferry to Albania:

  https://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2022#Driving

That will likely take about the same time, cost a little more but also
avoid quite so many different countries for the
covid/visa/etc. rules. I've not yet started looking in details at
those rules, but I *hope* by this summer that covid rules will be much
easier within Europe at least.

You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...