Re: Driving from France to Prizren: visa requirements

On 3/21/22 12:33, Wookey wrote:
On 2022-03-20 23:03 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
I probably will drive from France (next to Geneva) to Prizen, because it may
be cheaper and easier this way (compared to fligh + rent a car, and since
I'm planning to come with all of my family).

Apologies for thread-hijacking, but I was also considering driving
(from the UK, with my wife, mostly to have a 2-3 week camper holiday
in the area around debconf (and get stuff to Austria for an
expedition)), and have a similar question. People with
country-specific expertise may be able to answer both visa and covid
regs aspects.

It's about 9 countries and we are somewhat concerned that every country
will have different covid rules and there might be significant risk
of getting 'stuck' for a week or 10 days at a border with a failed
covid test which would rater spoil the excercise.

Obviously these things are subject to change and _might_ have all gone
away by mid 2022, but then I thought that about a year ago too...

Has anyone (e.g. you Thomas?) looked at the rules for tests and entry
etc for any of UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia,
Croatia, B&H, Kosovo, Serbia, Albania? Is this actually a bad plan for
this year and best left for some other time?

Wookey

Hi Wookey,

Doing the Covid restriction search was next on my todo list.

I don't think you need to fear anything *FOR THE MOMENT* in France: all restrictions have been lifted, and the only place you need a covid pass is the hospital (and if you don't have one, they can test you on site).

I'll soon ask my colleague for Italy (he is Italian) and let you know.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand