Re: outdoor hacklab and onsite accomodation room details

On Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:32:23 +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:

> thanks to everyone making DebConf22 happen. I look forward to it a lot!

+1

> However given... corona...

Thanks for asking, and good to see that there are others thinking
about this nasty topic :)

Looking at <https://debconf22.debconf.org/about/covid19/> I think
this page needs an update (it also says "as of March 2022" :)):
- AFAIK there are no entry requirements in place any more(?)
- I have no idea about the "General restrictions" quoted on the page,
  but I'd be surprised if this was still true in Kosovo (given what
  we are seeing in other countries).
- This also means that the "Conference policy" (saying "we will apply
  the above rules") probably has a logical problem (as the result
  would be "There is no policy in practice." Or maybe the policy
  still stands even if the state has abandoned it?)

I guess that means that the DebConf team has to write down their own
COVID-19 policy, which can mean anything from "We follow the rules,
i.e. do nothing, the pandemic is over, la-la-la" (paraphrasing current
nation state policy in most of Europe) to "We require tests in
advance and/or tests on arrival and we'll have food outdoors (thanks
again Holger for asking) and CO₂ sensors and whatever etc."

Given that infection rates in some countries are currently quite high
again, and that we have ~300 participants from N countries [0], the
probablity that someone unknowingly arrives with this unfriendly
virus in their body is not insignificant. And also that they pass it
on, especially if they are asymptomatic and there are no checks.

I won't bore you with any half-baked ideas of a potential COVID-19
policy at DebConf but I hope that the global and local team can spend
some thoughts on it. -- Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
gregor

[0]
https://debconf22.debconf.org/register/statistics/
lacks a SUM(country) or similar :)

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe