Re: Last Call for Proposals: DebConf21, Online

Hi,
Antonio,
I am available to give my conference of KVM or  openvpn

Let me know, after 20 years my last debconf, I am.back
Gabriel
xgabo Linux user:251155
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu., 17 Jun. 2021 at 4:53 p.m., Antonio Terceiro<terceiro@debian.org> wrote:   TL;DR: the deadline for submitting talks proposals for DebConf21 with
guaranteed consideration for the final schedule is next Sunday, June
20th.

The DebConf Content team would like to call for proposals for the DebConf21
conference, which will take place online from August 22nd to 29th, 2021.

You can find this Call for Proposals, in its latest form, online:

https://debconf21.debconf.org/cfp/

## Submitting an Event

You can now submit an [event proposal]. Events are not limited to
traditional presentations or informal sessions (BoFs): we welcome
submissions of tutorials, performances, art installations, debates, or any
other format of event that you think would be of interest to the Debian
community.

Regular sessions may either be 20 or 45 minutes long (including time for
questions), other kinds of sessions (workshops, demos, lightning talks,
...) could have different durations. Please choose the most suitable
duration for your event and explain any special requests.

In order to submit a talk, you will need to create an account on the site.
We suggest that Debian Salsa account holders (including DDs and DMs) use
their [Salsa] login when creating an account. However, this isn't required,
as you can sign up with an e-mail address and password.

[event proposal]: https://debconf21.debconf.org/talks/new/
[Salsa]: https://salsa.debian.org/

## Timeline

* Submission deadline: Sunday, June 20th
* Acceptance notification: Sunday, July 4th
* Soft deadline for pre-recordings: Sunday, August 8th
* Hard deadline for pre-recordings: Wednesday, August 18th.

Late submissions are possible and will be considered on a case by case basis.

Recordings sent by the soft the deadline are guaranteed to be reviewed with enough time
to be fixed if necessary. Videos sent later than that will get less attention the
closer we get to the conference. Recordings will not be accepted after the hard
deadline of August 18th; you will have to present live (and face the consequences of
doing that).

## Topics and Tracks

Though we invite proposals on any Debian or FLOSS related subject, we have
some broad topics on which we encourage people to submit proposals,
including but not limited to:

- Introduction to Free Software & Debian
- Packaging, policy, and Debian infrastructure
- Systems administration, automation and orchestration
- Cloud and containers
- Security
- Community, diversity, local outreach and social context
- Internationalization, Localization and Accessibility
- Embedded & Kernel
- Debian in Arts & Science
- Debian Blends and Debian derived distributions

## Language-specific miniconfs

Following the success from DebConf20, this year we will again accept
language-specific miniconfs as tracks inside DebConf21. If you would like to
organize one, get in touch with the content team by email to
<content@debconf.org> or on the #debconf-content channel on IRC. Note that for
that to work, you will have to provide volunteers who speak the language to the
content team (to review and approve talks) and to the video team (to operate
the streaming tools live during the talks and review recorded talks afterwards),
because those jobs will need people with knowledge of the language
spoken in the talks. Also please inform us on the best times of the day (in UTC)
for your track to be scheduled, and approximately how many talks you expect