Re: Singers wanted.

Florian Haftmann <florian.haftmann@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

> The agenda would be to check what the technical equipment permits and
> maybe, for anybody who wants, to agree on a small »project« to record.

Hi!

I have fond memories of the Debian Singing SboF in Curitiba! :)
Doing something like that remotely is probably not feasible, I'm afraid.

What works in my (CoViD limited) experience is distributing a video of a
choir director directing an imagined choir and singing a voice along.
The singers then record themselves (typically by their phones) singing
their parts while watching the director video using headphones.  Several
seconds of lead in and out are useful, and I imagine that starting the
director video by some clapperboard effect which is re-captured on each
part helps synchronizing them.

I'm willing to give a try to performing the bass part and to persuading
my wife (who sometimes uses Debian) to sing alto if needed (that is,
unless the Debian Women project steps up for this task in force. :))
--
Feri