Re: [DebConf Scedule change] "Let's talk about the elephant in the room" DebConf20 in Israel session

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 07:18:30PM -0300, Jonathan Carter wrote:

> === Schedule change ===
>
> Tomorrow morning in "Sala de Videoconferencia", there will be an open
> discussion regarding political concerns around holding DebConf20 in
> Israel. Everyone at DebConf is welcome to join this session.
>
> Read the full description on the DC19 website for more details
> :
> "Let's talk about the elephant in the room":
> https://debconf19.debconf.org/talks/173-lets-talk-about-the-elephant-in-the-room/
>
> Due to DebConf coming to an end really soon, we're going to move the
> original session, "100 Paper Cuts" to a post-DebConf via video chat that
> will be announced at a later stage.

My two cents:

Debian is about libre software.

We know that effective changes come for the inside.

We don't know what our[1] effect is on that country
that does have a conflict with it's neighbours.

Right now is that conflict causing a conflict in our community.

What I see as real problem,
is that we are now dealing with a "don't do that" request.

What I like to see:
* more and better libre software
* people visiting Debconf where ever
* people telling other people what they have seen while visiting Debconf

About seening for myself: Local theatre is screening currently
 "Tel Aviv on fire", https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5791098/

And I'm looking for the movie title with a scene where
Palestin people are harrest at Isrealen "check point".
Actors of the Palestin people were actual isrealen.

Regards
Geert Stappers
DD

[1] Deconf 2020 in Tel Aviv.