Re: About ECC Keysigning issue on stretch (stable release)

On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 12:53 AM, Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If you use stretch to keysinging like me, you may also had the
> difficulties to sign some ECC keys getting from this debconf.
> I already reported the issue as https://bugs.debian.org/906545
>
> Since this issue doesn't occur on unstable version, I uploaded the
> stretch-backports version in DELAYED/3 [1].
> It also need to get through NEW queue [2]. So I guess you will be able
> to install the fixed gnupg from stretch-backports in 10 days.

gnupg2 and its dependency libassuan just passed backports-NEW queue last night.
So now you can simply install it though stretch-backports:

$ sudo sh -c 'printf "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian
stretch-backports main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/stretch-backports.list'
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt -t stretch-backports install gnupg

Hope this can make "modern" (with more ECC keys) keysigning party easier.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 4096R/6C6ACD6417B3ACB1