Re: Visa procedures

On 26/06/2018 15:13, Kristi Progri wrote:
> "Furthermore, foreign nationals who have been invited to attend
> international conferences, sporting events, trade fairs or other
> activities in Taiwan—organized, co-organized, or sponsored by central
> government agencies—are also eligible for an eVisa. Such foreign
> nationals must obtain an Ecode from the host organization in Taiwan
> (n.b., not the Bureau of Consular Affairs) prior to submitting an online
> application for an eVisa."

It doesn't seem like the eVisa is a hard requirement, it just seems like
something that may add a little more convenience if available.

> Also, together with the online application they require beforehand these
> documents:
>
> *In order to issue a visa we need:
>
> original passport valid at least 6 months
> _airline ticket _
> application form filled on line and stamped
>
> one photo (passport size)
>
> copy of the payment
>
> So, I am afraid that we might need in advance the flight tickets.

My local embassy was very friendly, have you tried phoning yours? For
some visa applications I've done in the past, the embassy was fine with
just a printout of planned flights. Your local embassy might be too, I'd
urge you to get in touch with them ASAP.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage