Re: Current eCode for VISA status

On 22/06/2018 11:24, ChangZhuo Chen (陳昌倬) wrote:
> We has sent the eCode request to NCTU and waiting for response. However,
> We recommend attendee to get regular VISA first due to the following
> reasons:
>
> * Our trusted organization, OCF.tw, has bad experience in past eCode
>   request for other event. We might have problem getting eCode for
>   DebConf18.
>
> * People also report that VISA for eCode is more expensive than regular
>   one due to additional process fee.
>
> So please try to get regular VISA first, and wait for eCode if you
> really need eCode for the VISA.

It doesn't seem to really be an issue, I applied for my visa and had no
problem. If someone is considering waiting for the eCode, I'd strongly
suggest going forward with your application right now. It seems like
eCode can make things easier when applying, but the standard ROC visa
application is very straight forward and at least my local embassy is
very efficient. On top of that they charged me zero fees for the whole
application, I've never come across that when applying for visas in the
past.

But yeah I think at this stage it's not worth while making eCode/eVisa a
blocker, and even though there is still a bit of time left, there are
extra fees that apply if you want to submit an application very close to
your travel dates, so people who need a visa should really take care of
that right now.

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage