Re: Accomodation bursary, hotel bookings, and travel to the meeting area

Hi Norbert,

* Norbert Preining <norbert@preining.info> [2018-06-19 17:32:17 +0900]:

> Dear DebConf organizers, dear all,
>
> I would like to know how "accomodation bursaries" are handled? Should be
> book our own hotels within a limit of costs? Will bookings be made by
> the DebConf organizers?

This year, the accommodation bursaries are for the on-site accommodation only.

here's the NCTU description of the dorm DebConf attendees will be staying in:
http://housing.sa.nctu.edu.tw/?page_id=1088&lang=en
(Other details on https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/Accommodation)

The max occupancy of rooms is 4-per-room but from current registration numbers
we may be able to do 2 people per room (except when asked to do otherwise by
attendees). My current understanding of the situation is that the DebConf
organizers will provide a sleeping mat, linen and blankets, as well as the
air-con pre-paid card.

If you would prefer off-site accommodation, I'm afraid that would be outside of
the accommodation bursary grant (and therefore on your own dime).

> And in the vein of the last email, what are reasonable areas to book
> hotels so that travel to the conference area is within a reasonable
> commuting distance.

That, I have no proper answer for. I know a bunch of people are going to the
Landis Inn, which seems to be at walking distance from the MIRC building, but
that's not exactly the cheapest option.

Hope this helps,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont