Re: Suggestions, questions and concerns about DebConf19?

Yao Wei dijo [Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 09:45:22AM +0800]:
> Hi,
>
> Please, if possible, keep your funding source simple and don't sell data to
> the government like we did this time.
>
> I feel tremendously sorry handling this issue.

Hi Yao Wei,

*Please* don't be so hard upon yourself. You, all of the team and you
in particular, did *great*. Many people (me included) have complained
in different tones about the MEET TAIWAN request.

The amount of funds granted by your government was HUGE, and although
there are many things that could have been handled better,
that... Will always be the case.

So, did MEET TAIWAN ask for something we didn't have in mind and
brought some friction? Well, and if it weren't that, something else
would have popped up. Running a DebConf is _the_ most vexing, complex
conference you can think of. Some minor friction points, specially
when dealing with highly opinionated people such as our project, are
unavoidable.

You did, have done, are doing, and will probably continue doing for a
couple of months a GREAT, INCREDIBLE job.