Re: English-speaking taxi number?

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dijo [Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 03:23:24PM +0200]:
> On 07/29/2018 07:52 AM, John Sullivan wrote:
> > (trying to avoid direct use of Uber due to the proprietary software
> > required)
>
> You have more a problem with the fact that UBER uses proprietary software
> than the fact that they are exploiting their workers through by declaring
> them as "contractors" through the help of loopholes in the law? [1, 2]

Both are quite bad issues. Also, that they run against the local
regulations in several countries, undermining authorizations that for
better or for worse have been in place for decades. Of course, it's
sometimes good to review whether said authorizations should be updated
- but the fait accompli way they use does not remotely amuse me.