Re: From Cuba about MiniDebConf Hamburg

Hi Holger!
Thanks for your message... in deed we will analyze your advice about the dates but you're absolutely right and that's very useful for us since we don't have much experience planning international events, so maybe we can plan something during CubaConf 2019 (if possible) too...

Looking forward for your messages...
Good luck!
Leonel.

El jue., 24 de may. de 2018 a la(s) 11:18, Holger Levsen (holger@layer-acht.org) escribió:
Hi Leonel,

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 08:08:47AM -0400, Leonel Salazar wrote:
> HI there! Thanks for your message, I can imagine you ran out of time
> everyday as being in the "orga" team... well, many of us connect to the
> internet in our offices, in my case I work in the university and we are
> lucky to have a "decent" bandwith (about 10 Mbit/s) but I can use up to 4
> because we need to share, of course... that said I think video's filezise
> was good enought for our average bandwith, max filesize was 320 Mb (
> https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2018/miniconf-hamburg/2018-05-19/metrics_based_monitoring.webm)
> and we can get all the media (around 3.7 Gb) during one-two days, for me
> was about 6 hours since I downloaded during office's time :-D But at night
> would take me about 2 hours... summarizing filesize is excellent that way.

thanks for your intersting feedback, I'm sure the videoteam will
appreciate those infos!

> We're planning MiniDebConf for 2019 eventually close to DebConf Curitiba,
> so it'll be easier for some of you to traver both the caribean and south
> america at once ! :-D

nice, but I'm not sure this will actually be helpful as often flights
are considerable cheaper if two-way and also often people cannot get
holidays long enough to visit both places. But maybe I'm wrong…

--
cheers,
        Holger